ITIL® FOUNDATION V3 CERTIFICATE IN IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
ITIL Training in Brisbane | Sydney | Melbourne | Canberra
ITIL ® stands for IT Infrastructure Library and was initially developed by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) as a framework for IT Service Management. The processes have now been adopted by many organizations worldwide and are recognized as the global standard for IT Service Management.
ITIL® is a widely accepted approach to IT Service Management (ITSM), which has been adopted by individuals and organizations across the world. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
The ITIL® Foundation course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL. This course covers the latest version of core ITIL best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. The course introduces the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL. ITIL is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency.
The ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework is designed to standardize the selection, planning, delivery and support of IT services to a business. The goal is to improve efficiency and achieve predictable service levels. The ITIL framework enables IT to be a business service partner, rather than just back-end support. ITIL guidelines and best practices align IT actions and expenses to business needs and change them as the business grows or shifts direction.
- Understand the terminologies, key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Understand the main processes, relationships, benefits and challenges of ITIL Foundation.
- Understand the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Understand the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Understand the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
There are no pre-requisites for this ITIL training course; however it is assumed that course participants are working or have worked in an IT Service environment or equivalent.
The target group of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
This may include but is not limited to
IT professionals, Business managers, Business process owners, CTOs, CIOs, Managers, Program Managers, Team leaders, Service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT security managers, IT consultants, IT audit managers, ITSM trainers, and more.
EXAM, CERTIFICATIONS AND RECOGNITION
This course prepares delegates for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. A sample exam is delivered during the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 1.8 Continuing Education Units
WHY USE ITIL?
ITIL encourages that IT services are aligned to the requirements of the business and underpin the core business processes. It offers guidance to organizations on how to use IT as a tool to facilitate business change, transformation and growth.
- The benefits of using ITIL can include:
- Reduced costs
- Better IT services
- Higher customer satisfaction via a more professional approach to service delivery
- Better use of skills and experience
- Higher Quality and productivity
KEY BENEFITS OF ITIL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
- Improve your position in the job market by becoming an ITIL certified professional
- Provides a single documented framework for IT best practices that flow across the IT organization.
- Learn how to apply ITIL tools and its techniques, improve your efficiency and effectiveness at workplace
- Reduces IT costs and justifies the cost of IT quality and supports improvement of user productivity.
- Supports ability of IT to measure and improve internal performance and service provisioning.
- Improves communication and information flow between IT and the organization and business departments and identifies roles and responsibilities for IT Service Management.
- Improves ability of IT to adjust as business opportunities and challenges are presented.
- Improves relationship of IT with the business – builds trust.
- Get recognized for your expertise by your peers both inside and outside the organization
- Learn a common language for ITSM which helps in having better communication across the hierarchy
- Implement new ideas from the ITIL framework and use those best practices to facilitate customer desired outcomes
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, ASPIRANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the principles and concepts of IT Service Management based on ITIL®
- Identify the best practices of implementing ITIL® in an organization.
- Define the terminology used in ITIL®
- Identify the concepts and definitions used in the Service Lifecycle.
- Define Service Strategy concepts
- Define Service Design concepts
- Define Service Operations concepts
- Define Service Transition concepts
- Define Continual Service Improvement concepts
- Define the roles, processes, and components within key areas of IT Service Management based on ITIL®
Be prepared to take the ITIL® Foundation Certification exam